The WMA is dedicated to using modern scientific methods and technology to:
- Promote and maintain trophy muskellunge fisheries throughout the species’ native range by supporting ongoing scientific management efforts.
- Determine optimal species reintroduction strategies.
- Protect vital spawning and nursery habit to ensure the integrity of designated trophy waters.
- Library and disseminate scientific data regarding muskellunge.
- Continue the search for a legitimate world record muskellunge.
- Establish and maintain a proper record-keeping agency to establish the legitimacy of future potential record muskellunge.
- Doug Johnson
- Bob Osborne
- Dick Pearson
- Pete Maina
- Will Schultz
- Steve Worrall